|Rollsigns from Hamilton, ON
P A G E 1 o f 2
|The Hamilton Street Railway was originally incorporated on May 15, 1874 and still runs to this
date, although there are virtually no modern day indications that a "street railway" once ran.
In 1899 the HSR became a subsidiary of the Hamilton Cataract, Power, Light and Traction Company, and later, the
Dominion Power and Transmission Company. in April of 1930, Dominion Power was sold to the Hydro Electric
Power Commission of Ontario. From 1944 to 1956, the Hamilton Street Railway was a subsidiary of Canada Coach
Lines. in 1956, the company reorganized and inversly, Canada Coach became a subsidiary of the HSR. In 1960,
both the HSR and CCL were acquired by the City of Hamilton.
The pattern the HSR's signs use is as follows:
The front sign shows the route number and name, the side sign shows the bus's final destination
|Hamilton Street Railway Brill trolley coach #739 as it was
discovered, parked on a family's private property, on
Highway 2, about 2km west of Cardinal, Ontario, July 4, 1995.
|to go to the first Hamilton
Street Railway electronic
sign list page.
|DIESEL DIVISION HAMILTON
|Former St. Catharines Transit GMC T6H-4521 (serial #C019) #49,
for some reason housing the pre route number HSR front linen
above/right, is seen privately owned on a property at the corner of
Waterloo Regional Road 24 and Kossuth Road, north of Cambridge,
Ontario, May 13, 2001. The bus has since been removed for scrap.
|Site content and graphics Copyright 2004 - 2015 Joseph Chemerys. System logos are property of their respective systems. Photographs are
the sole property of their photographers. Permission must be obtained before any use or reproduction of any images or text displayed herein.