Rollsigns from St. Catharines, ON
The St. Catharines Street Railway began service on November 1, 1879. After expansions to Merriton in 1880 and
Thorold in 1881, the service ran up until March of 1882, when the system changed its name to the St. Catharines,
Merriton and Thorold Street Railway Company. On July 28, 1893, the Port Dalhousie, St. Catharines and Thorold
Electric Street Railway Company was created to acquire the services provided by the St. Catharines, Merriton and
Thorold Street Railway Company. They provided service until July 8, 1901, when the Niagara, St. Catharines and
Toronto Railway Company purchased the service. During its operation, the NS&T was acquireed by the Canadian
Northern Railway in 1908, who later became the Canadian National Railway in 1918. In 1922, control of the service
was placed under the Canadian National Electric Railways, in their "NS&T Railway District". Under this agency, local
service was provided in St. Catharines, as well as the surrounding communities. Later, in 1931, local bus service was
introduced by the NS&T under the operating name of "Canadian National Transport Ltd". These operations continued
until September 1, 1961, when the current St. Catharines Transit Commission began providing service in the city.
This set of mylar rollsigns are off Penetang-Midland
Coach Lines operated Greater Toronto Airport Authority
OBI 01.504 Orion I #91, which was formerly St. Catharines
Transit #8132. Both signs have 47 exposures. The front
sign (left) is dated June 19, 1991, while the side sign has
no date, but is a match to the front, making its suspected
print date to be around the same time.

The 70 series routes are the Sunday Service equivalent to
their regular service.
This mylar front route sign is dated June
10, 1996, and has 55 exposures. The "16
Brock Bullet Express" exposure is a
misprint: The line's route number is
actually "406", named after the highway it
runs on. The indicator tab the driver views
on the side reads correctly; "406".

The 100 series routes are the Sunday
Service equivalent to their regular service.
<=  These two exposures
<=  were a later
 addition to the sign
 using sticky vinyl.
Its sign tag reads as follows:

ST. CATHARINES TRANSIT
P.O. # A2772
MULTISCREEN # 9626A
JUNE 10, 1996
FRONT DEST. SIGN

MANUFACTURED BY
MULTISCREEN INT'L INC.

MADE IN CANADA